Exalt Fundamentally Changes the Economics of Long-range, Point-to-point Wireless Links with Disruptive Low Cost of Ownership
Campbell, Calif. — September 7, 2016 — Exalt Wireless, the leading innovator of next-generation wireless connectivity systems for private networks and Internet infrastructures, today announced the launch of ExtendAir® G2™ 6 GHz. Designed for long range packet microwave backhaul and fixed wireless access applications, this is a new solution that fundamentally changes the economics of long-range, point-to-point links. Made in the USA, the ExtendAir G2 family of radios, covering all FCC and ETSI frequency bands up to 38 GHz, is a field-proven platform that has been installed by hundreds of organizations around the globe over the past three years.
The 6 GHz ExtendAir G2 model covers the range 5.925 GHz to 6.425 GHz (lower 6 GHz band) and 6.525 GHz to 6.875 GHz (upper 6 GHz band) and delivers a guaranteed aggregate user throughput of 740 Mbps (370 Mbps full duplex) in a single 56 MHz ETSI or 60 MHz FCC channel pair. Taking advantage of the benefits of the licensed 6 GHz band in terms of longer range and practically no rain fading, as well as CAPEX and OPEX savings gained from the ability to use smaller antennas, makes this an attractive backhaul or fixed access solution for more remote applications. These cost advantages, together with an unprecedented low price point and combined with a unique field-replaceable diplexer design, result in a disruptively low total cost of ownership that delivers over 50 percent cost savings as compared to other available solutions in this band.
“The 6 GHz band is quickly gaining popularity for microwave backhaul applications, thanks to its long range and operation in a more protected licensed band,” said James Hackett, director of business operations and development at Cruzio Internet. “By extending the benefits of its popular G2 platform to the 6 GHz band, Exalt offers a compelling new option for service providers and enterprises.”
ExtendAir G2 all-outdoor radios are rugged, zero-footprint systems requiring no cabinet space. Exalt's ExtendAir G2 delivers the lowest cost per bit of any carrier-grade microwave backhaul system, yet offers a feature-rich radio solution for service provider and enterprise applications where high reliability transmission is critical. With the introduction of the 6 GHz G2 model, additional new features include Adaptive Power Boost, which operate in conjunction with ACM (Adaptive Coding & Modulation) to increase the link availability in the event of a fade, allowing the system to operate across much longer distances, or to deliver higher capacity with the same high availability.
All Exalt G2 radios offer the following benefits:
· Single-unit sparing. A single ExtendAir G2 radio per band can be used to spare an entire 6, 7, 8 11, 13, 15, 18, 23, 24 or 38 GHz frequency band, thanks to the industry's first field-replaceable diplexer in an all-outdoor radio. Compared to traditional approaches, the use of ExtendAir G2 reduces the cost of spares by up to 90%.
· Errorless adaptive modulation. With a rate adaptation range of 256 QAM to QPSK, this solution can be used to deliver even higher ranges and data rates at high availability levels, then temporarily reduce throughput in the event of a fade while still ensuring the delivery of high-priority traffic.
· Data networking. ExtendAir G2 systems support jumbo frames and incorporate full Layer 2 switching along two GbE ports in combination with critical features such as 802.1Q (VLAN tagging), 802.1p (QoS) and Ethernet rate limiting.
· Remote management. ExtendAir G2 systems include a full set of remote management tools such as Telnet/Command Line Interface (CLI), RS232, HTTP, HTTPS and SNMPv1, v2c and v3.
· Maximum security. ExtendAir G2 systems allow network managers to support the most stringent security requirements with hardware-based FIPS 197-compliant AES 128-bit and 256-bit encryption for data traffic protection and support for both encrypted SNMP v3 and SSL/SSH to ensure management security.
· High reliability. ExtendAir G2 systems are IP67 rated and operate at extended temperature ranges compared to other microwave solutions. This ruggedized radio has been designed to provide years of maintenance-free connectivity.
“This latest addition to our very popular ExtendAir G2 line brings our customers a new level of performance and cost-effectiveness for critical backhaul and fixed access applications in a licensed band suitable for longer ranges exceeding tens of kilometers,” said Amir Zoufonoun, CEO and founder of Exalt Wireless. “Carriers, enterprises and ISPs will find the new ExtendAir G2 6 GHz system a valuable new tool for delivering low-cost Gigabit services to their more remote customers, communities, or business locations.”
About Exalt Wireless
Exalt Wireless is a forerunner in the global Internet revolution, delivering high-value wireless systems that transform the economics of connectivity. Exalt Wireless systems extend or complement network fiber and replace now-outdated copper, enabling customers to accelerate time-to-market, optimize network performance, and reduce network infrastructure costs. Today, over 2,000 global customers, from the world’s largest mobile operators to independent service providers, government agencies, and multinational enterprises depend on Exalt systems as they move their applications to the Cloud, enable mobility, and connect the unconnected. Learn more at www.exaltcom.com