Exalt Debuts ExtendAir® G2™ 24 GHz License Exempt
Microwave Backhaul System
24 GHz Band Hits Sweet Spot in Price/Performance for Gigabit Links
San Jose, Calif. — October 7, 2015 ¬— Exalt Wireless, the leading innovator of next-generation wireless connectivity systems for private networks and Internet infrastructures, today announced the ExtendAir® G2™ 24 GHz microwave backhaul system, a new microwave solution that brings the benefits of the carrier grade ExtendAir G2 platform to the 24 GHz License Exempt band. All-outdoor ExtendAir G2 family of radios which already covers all popular FCC and ETSI licensed bands and has been installed by hundreds of organizations around the globe over the past two years, now includes a high performance license exempt solution. The new systems operate in the less-congested 24 GHz band compared with 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz systems, and provide a longer range alternative to 60 GHz systems. Exalt has started shipping the new radio and will exhibit it in booth 253 at the WISPAPALOOZA show on October 13-15 in Las Vegas.
The ExtendAir G2 24 GHz systems have the unique capability to tune across the entire 24 GHz band while offering TR spacing selection as well as control of the polarization utilized by the local transmitter. This unique design allows for maximum flexibility for collocation and interference mitigation while delivering guaranteed 740 Mbps aggregate user throughput (370 Mbps full duplex) for short-haul and medium-haul applications.
“As the lower-frequency bands become more congested, the 24 GHz band is gaining interest for microwave backhaul applications,” said Ed Gubbins, senior analyst for wireless infrastructure at Current Analysis. “By extending the benefits of its G2 platform to the 24 GHz band, Exalt is offering a compelling new option for service providers and other organizations.”
ExtendAir G2 all-outdoor radios are rugged, zero footprint systems requiring no cabinet space. Exalt's ExtendAir G2 delivers the lowest cost per bit of any carrier grade microwave backhaul system, yet offers a rich radio solution for service provider and enterprise applications where high reliability transmission is critical. All Exalt G2 radios offer the following benefits:
• Single-unit sparing. A single diplexer type, and therefore a single ExtendAir G2 radio can be used to spare the entire 24 GHz frequency band.
• Errorless adaptive modulation. With a rate adaptation range of 256QAM to QPSK, ExtendAir G2 can be used to deliver even higher ranges and data rates at high availability levels, then temporarily reduce throughput in the event of a fade while still ensuring the delivery of high priority traffic.
• Data networking. ExtendAir G2 systems support jumbo frames and incorporate full Layer 2 switching along two GbE ports in combination with critical features such as 802.1Q (VLAN tagging), 802.1p (QoS) and Ethernet rate limiting.
• Remote management. ExtendAir G2 systems include a full set of remote management tools such as Telnet/Command Line Interface (CLI), RS232, HTTP, HTTPS and SNMPv1, v2c and v3.
• Maximum security. ExtendAir G2 systems allow network managers to support the most stringent security requirements with hardware-based FIPS 197-compliant AES 128-bit and 256-bit encryption for data traffic protection and support for both encrypted SNMP v3 and SSL/SSH to ensure management security.
• High Reliability. ExtendAir G2 systems are IP67 rated and operate at extended temperature ranges compared to other microwave solutions. This ruggedized, zero footprint radio has been designed to provide years of maintenance-free connectivity.
“This latest addition to our ExtendAir G2 line brings our customers a new level of performance and cost-effectiveness for critical backhaul and fixed access applications in a sparsely-populated, license-exempt band,” said Amir Zoufonoun, president and CEO of Exalt Wireless. “ISPs in particular will find the new ExtendAir G2 24 GHz system a valuable tool for delivering Gigabit services to their customers.”
About Exalt Wireless
Exalt Wireless is a forerunner in the global Internet revolution, delivering high-value wireless systems that transform the economics of connectivity. Exalt Wireless systems extend or complement network fiber and replace now-outdated copper, enabling customers to accelerate time-to-market, optimize network performance, and reduce network infrastructure costs. Today, over 2,000 global customers, from the world’s largest mobile operators to independent service providers, government agencies, and multinational enterprises depend on Exalt systems as they move their applications to the Cloud, enable mobility, and connect the unconnected. Learn more at www.exaltcom.com