ExpandAir: Carrier-class, NLOS System
Offering unmatched price/performance, reliability, and security
The ExpandAir point-to-multipoint, non-line-of-sight platform is the first of its kind from Exalt – a non-line-of-sight platform that delivers carrier class reliability, unprecedented throughput and coverage, and at a cost per bit that is unmatched in the industry.
ExpandAir® utilizes 2x2 MIMO and OFDM technologies and brings a new level of performance and reliability to value priced wireless backhaul products exceeding other carrier class license-exempt radio systems. With the ability to support sixteen subscriber units per hub unit, all-outdoor ExpandAir PMP solutions provide high throughput at extended ranges while OFDM allows for operation in Line of Sight (LOS), near Line of Sight (nLOS) and Non-Line of Sight (NLOS) environments. A single all-outdoor ExpandAir radio supports quad-band operation in the lightly licensed 4.9 GHz and 5.3, 5.4, and 5.8 GHz license-free bands. ExpandAir utilizes Dynamic Frequency Selection (DFS) to automatically choose frequencies with minimal interference while providing radar detection and avoidance per FCC and European regulations.
With 802.3af compliant PoE and an IP67 rated metal enclosure, ExpandAir provides carrier-grade performance and reliability with durability and ease of use that customers have come to expect from Exalt.
|Feature||Description and Benefits|
- While most multipoint systems allow for up to 8 to 12 remotes per base station, ExpandAir supports up to 16 subscribers per hub radio, helping to keep network CAPEX costs low. Switchable antenna gain at the hub site allows the selection of high gain/narrow beamwidth, or lower gain but wider beamwidth to cover a given sector
- With built-in Time Division Multiple Access (TDMA) technology, ExpandAir provides dedicated timeslots to each subscriber, allowing predictable (not best effort) throughput and latency
|2x2 MIMO with OFDM|
- ExtendAir eMIMO utilizes Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing (OFDM) technologies along with 2x2 Multiple In Multiple Out (MIMO) for virtually any operating environment
|LoS, nLOS, NLOS operation|
- Line of Sight
- near Line of Sight
- Non-Line of Sight
- ExtendAir eMIMO operates in 4.9 licensed, or 5.3, 5.4, 5.8 GHz license-exempt bands with the same hardware.
|High Tx Power with STBC|
- With Space Time Block Coding (STBC), Exalt provides the highest system gain advantage with higher transmit power while sustaining higher throughput levels when competitors must lower modulation levels to maintain the link
- Longer range, higher throughput and smaller antennas
- ExaltSyncTM synchronization allows multiple units to be co-located without the risk of interference. ExaltSync ensures that all transmitters operate simultaneously, to eliminate interference between co-located devices.
- Standard 128-bit AES provide the highest level of data security available, meeting stringent NIST FIPS 197 standards
- Hardware-based encryption ensures that latency is unaffected when data is running over an encrypted link
- Management traffic security can be assured through use of encrypted SNMPv3 or secure socket layer (SSL/SSH)
- Unlike other low-cost license-free solutions that utilize plastic components for the outdoor enclosure, ExtendAir eMIMO is built using IP67 rated aluminum construction for durable, long-term, worry-free operation.
|Low Power Consumption|
- ExtendAir eMIMO's low power consumption enables operation from standard 802.3af compliant POE devices or switches.
Small Cell and Wi-Fi Offload-Backhaul
Small Cell backhaul and Carrier Wi-Fi offload are the most demanding applications for any wireless system. Typically, state-of-the-art features like nLOS/NLOS, wide coverage, high throughput, guaranteed throughout per Subscriber Unit, and low latency/Packet delay variation are prerequisites. And all these requirements must be met with a cost effective solution. ExpandAir excels in all attributes.
When service and reliability are key considerations, ExpandAir is ready for the challenge. The ability to deliver high throughput and guaranteed service level agreements (SLAs) is critical to any WISP supporting commercial customers. With high throughput per Subscriber Unit and the ability to grow capacity with simple upgrade keys, ExpandAir provides B2B WISPs the flexibility they need now and in the future.
As utilities move to SmartGrid networks, cost effective wireless systems that transport all this data are becoming paramount. ExpandAir maximizes performance, reliability, and ease of use, while curtailing OPEX and CAPEX costs. Utilities can move leased line SCADA systems to a state-of-the-art wireless platform and still have excess bandwidth for new applications, such real-time HD video monitoring.
The requirement for video surveillance encompasses all market segments. With ExpandAir's exceptional coverage and throughput, high resolution/high frame-rate video systems can be deployed over wide areas without compromise.
The Bottom Line
There is no longer any necessity to compromise with point-to-multipoint systems. Call Exalt to discover how the new ExpandAir system is raising industry standards and redefining the way companies deploy PMP solutions.